Tacos, who doesnt love them? Here is a healthy yet tasty twist on a Taco Bowl
- 4 cups Chopped Romaine Lettuce or Spinach
- 1 of each - Red and yellow bell peppers
- 1 - Yellow onion
- 2- Avocados
- 1 package Crumbled Cotija Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 4 Boneless skinless Chicken Thighs
- Fit Flavor Spices: The Works, The Works Spicy and Savory Herb Blend
Prep time approximately 10 min and Cook time is approximately 20 min.
You have the option to grill the chicken thighs or you can cook them on the stove top.
For this recipe, I cooked the chicken on the stove top.
- Cut up the chicken thighs into small ½ chunks and remove any fat from the meat.
- Season chicken thighs with Fit Flavor Spices “The Works”.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil to a large skillet and warm to medium to high heat.
- Once skillet is warm add chicken and cook stirring occasionally until chicken is fully cooked, about 8-10 minutes.
- Dice up bell peppers and onions
- In another skillet add 2 table spoons of Olive Oil and heat pan to medium temperature.
- Once warm add the bell peppers and onions to warm skillet and season with Fit Flavor Spices “Savory Herb” and cook until peppers are tender, about 10 minutes.
Fit Flavor Guacamole
- Slice avocados in half and remove seed.
- Score avocados to remove from the flesh and add to a small bowl and mash with a fork until mixture is smooth with little chunks
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Add Fit Flavor Spice “The Works” and mix until well blended. Season to taste.
Once the chicken and bell peppers are cooked you are ready to assemble the dish
- In a bowl add 2 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
- Add 1 cup of the cooked chicken
- Add ½ cup of the bell peppers and onions
- Add crumbled Cotija Cheese ( amount to your liking )
- Top with a table spoon size scoop of guacamole and add just a dash of the Fit Flavor “The Works Spicy” for a little extra kick and serve.