There is nothing like the taste of a good roasted chicken, now lets kick it up a notch by presenting in a way that is easy to serve!
- Whole chicken (3-4 pounds)
- 3-4 Fresh Garlic cloves
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Fit Flavor Spices “Savory Herb”
Prepare the Lemon Basil and Garlic Sauce
- Squeeze Lemons into food processor. (Try to avoid adding seeds)
- You will need to add remaining ingredients to a food processor and pulse until blended well.
- Now add 2 table spoons of olive oil and pulse.
- Remove sauce from food processor and set aside.
Prepare your Spatchcock chicken
- Rinse chicken thoroughly with cold water.
- Dry chicken with paper towels and place on firm dry surface.
The first thing you want to do is remove the backbone.
- With kitchen shears cut along the right side of the backbone from the tail to the neck.
- Repeat on the left side of the backbone and discard.
- Flip chicken over and expose the inside breast bone.
- You will now need to break the breastbone. Using a knife cut the breast bone and push down on the wings until the bone cracks.
- Flip the chicken over and now you are ready to season your bird.
- Season Chicken on all sides with Lemon Basil and Garlic Sauce.
- Apply liberal amount of Fit Flavor Spices “Savory Herb”.
- You have the option to make this recipe in the oven or on your smoker.
- Pre-heat oven or smoker to 275 degrees and place chicken in a nonstick baking dish or directly on the grill grate for smoker.
- Cook for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Serve with your favorite side and enjoy!